What Should I Do If Gmail Does Not Sync?
Google Mail is Google's most essential service. Even though there are many social networks, mails remain the most popular method of communication. Mails are considered an integral part of your phone, even if you encounter a problem. Gmail is responsible for the most common issues such as sync problems.
What would happen if Gmail didn't sync with
Gmail might not sync your mobile app with Google, and you may not be capable of performing basic email functions. This will make it impossible to read and open your email messages, as well as to send or receive them. This can cause apps to slow down. You will need to resynchronize your Gmail account if you want things to work again. If your Gmail account isn't syncing, here are the solutions.
There are steps you can follow:
* Gmail App:
While it might not solve the problem, updating Gmail helps to keep the system running smoothly. You might encounter some interference, so update the app on Google Play.
Clear the app's data:
- This issue might be resolved by clearing out the app cache. Let's have a look at the steps involved.
- Next, go to settings. You can also search for the installed apps using the search bar if you are having trouble finding it.
- You will then need to find Gmail in Apps Manager. You can select "Show All Apps" or "Show System Services from Additional Settings."
- Clear the caches by clicking Gmail. If that does not resolve your issue, go back to the original procedure and click on "Clear Data".
Check your settings
Airplane mode, Data Saver, and Data Saver are most likely to cause problems.
1. You can turn off the airplane mode
It limits the communication between your device and other devices. It will not allow you to make calls or connect to the internet. This means that you will need to enable the airplane mode, and check your Gmail one more time.
Please check the data saver settings
You can enable data saver to limit the performance of all apps when you're not connected to Wi Fi. Gmail can be whitelisted in data saver and you will receive new email when connected to Wi Fi.
If your Gmail isn’t loading, you can whitelist it. However, you need to ensure that you don’t open media-heavy mails.
This is how to whitelist Gmail within Data saver:
- Navigate to Settings and select Network and Internet. You will then be able to choose between data usage or data saver.
- You will then need to tap Unrestricted Data and locate Gmail, and toggle it on.
These are the steps to take if Gmail doesn't work.