Copa Airlines: Baggage Fees and Policy
COPA Airlines is the flag carrier airlines of Panama City, Panama. It was founded on 21 June 1944 and started to operate its services from 15 August 1947. It has a fleet size of 100 aircraft that is on the continuous verge of expansion in the number. COPA Airlines travel to 80 domestic and international destinations across the world.
COPA Airlines aircraft are so made that they are restricted to carry a certain amount of weight in one air journey along with the passengers. Hence, they have decided certain baggage fees and policy to make it convenient for the passengers, pilots and flight attendants on board. Based on the class one is travelling, the baggage allowance is informed to them after the booking is confirmed. The dimensions, weight of checked in and carry on baggage is explained via email mentioning every detail required for the knowledge. Here in this article, we shall discuss the COPA Airlines baggage policy.
Checked- in Baggage Allowance
- The passenger may not be charged extra if he is carrying the luggage within the allowed maximum limit by the airlines. If the passenger exceeds the allowed limit, then he is charged as per the guidelines.
- Passenger’s bag should be labelled with name, address and phone number
- The allowed weight of the check-in baggage is 45 kgs with the measurements as 159 x 107 x 272 cms.
- Any luggage weighing more than 45 kgs will be transferred as cargo and will be charged USD 100 per bag.
- For the flights between Central America, South America, second baggage fees of USD 40 will be charged if the baggage exceeds 23 kg.
Carry on Baggage Allowance
- Each carry on baggage dimensions that are allowed are 56 x 36 x 26 cms.
- The bag that is exceeding the combined measurements of 46 will be considered as checked in baggage.
- Business class is allowed 1 carry on baggage while the flights departing to and from the USA are allowed 2 carry bags.