TRANSFERRING NORTON SERVICE TO ANOTHER DEVICE:
Norton service provides subscriptions for a limited number of licences to install Norton on different devices. In case, a device having Norton license is not working then you need not to be worry that your license will be wasted. You can transfer your Norton license to another device for its proper utilisation. To install the Norton product to another workstation, you can download a copy of the application from the Symantec website or from your norton account. It provides a Norton Download Manager file which comes packaged with the software file and it will automatically install the software to your computer.
STEPS TO TRANSFER NORTON LICENCE TO ANOTHER DEVICE:
- Sign in to your Norton account
- Go to the device page and identify the device that you don’t want to protect
The device will appear a green status. In case if the status of the device is red or orange then it indicates that the device in no longer in use and you can remove that device.
- Click on the eclipse icon.
- Now click on MANAGE LICENSE given on the menu that appears.
- Go to the MANAGE DEVICE page and follow these steps:
Go to the device name and click on it
Under WHAT YOU LIKE TO DO option, click on REMOVE NORTON
CLICK ON next button
- A REMOVE NORTON window will appear on the screen, click on YES button.
- You will be redirected to a new page. Click on INSTALL button.
- A INSTAL ON NEW DEVICE page will appear on the screen.
- Select the following option from the given options on the page
To install Norton on a different device, click on Send Link.
- Click on NEXT button and follow the on- screen instruction given on the page to transfer the license to that device.
CANCEL YOUR DUPLICATE LICENSE:
If you want to cancel your duplicate license and transfer a new license then you can do it easily:
- First of all contact your service provider to cancel your duplicate norton service.
- After the inactivation of your duplicate nornot service, you will receive an alert message that “ your service was cancelled” in he drop down option, select the REACTIVATE option and click on OK button.
HOW CAN YOU REMOVE YOUR COMPUTER FROM NORTON ONLINE BACKUP WHEN THE DEVICE IS NO LONGER OF USE:
When you are transferring your norton license to another device then it is always a good idea to remove your old device from norton online backup. Steps to remove your computer from online backup are:
- First of all sign in to the NORTON ONLINE BACKUP Website, using your email id and password.
- Go to the MY DEVICE menu and click on REMOVE COMPUTER to remove your device from the registered website.
- Go to the computer icon that you want to remove, click on REMOVE button to detach the computer from online backup.
- Now click on OK button to proceed.
Your device is successfully removed from the online backup.