Computer Password: How to Reset, Change and Recover
If you are using Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, or Windows 10, you can easily reset your computer login password by temporarily overwriting the Ease of Access. To do this, you can launch the Command Prompt from outside of Windows. It will enable the now-overwritten feature from the Windows login screen, and allow you to reset your login password via the net user command. For using this password reset method, you are urged to access any recovery or installation media compatible with your Windows version. It won't break any license agreements with Microsoft. Hence, it is an effortless process.
The use of System Repair Disc is also suggested if you are using Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, or Windows 10. To get more information about computer how to reset password, you are requested to have a word with the technical support engineers of Microsoft. These engineers are highly qualified and recognized for their user-friendliness. Most of the members of the technical team have been linked with the services of Microsoft for more than a decade. They are putting their cent percent effort in satisfying the billions of users across the sphere. You are also open to dial the helpline number if you want to get the steps of recovering Windows login password by using System Repair Disc.
How to recover computer password in a fast and instant manner?
Ways to recover computer password:
The users may recover the password of the computer system by following the steps stated below:
- Resetting the password of Microsoft Account: The users may reset the password of the Microsoft account. This is only possible if the users have WIndows 10 or Windows 8 and only if the user uses a Microsoft account in order to log in to the email account. Sine Microsoft manages the accounts online, hence the users may reset the password of the computer from any browser.
- Using the password reset disk: In case the user does not use Windows 10 or window 8, then the users may log in with a local account and then reset the password of the Microsoft account using a password reset disk.
- Having an administrator to change the password: The user may have one of the other user on the computer to change the lost password for the users. The other people who share the computer of the user may have a windows login account that is set up with an administrator level access.
- Guessing the password: The users may think and then get their password changed. The users should try making a logical guess related to the people, places and dates in the life of the account holder trying to recover the password of the computer.
- Hacking into windows with a password recovery tool: The users may use Windows password recovery tools in order to recover the password of the computer. Window password recovery is a software program that can be easily u downloaded freely from various websites. This can be used to find the lost Windows password or helps the user to quickly reset/delete the password.
- Cleaning the install Windows: Cleaning the install windows will help to erase and remove all the programs present in the hard drive of the computer and after this the users may reinstall the Windows Operating System. The users may keep in mind that cleaning the install windows is a time consuming process that will remove everything. The users are advised to create a
- Back up of the data before cleaning the install windows: Listed above are the ways by which the users may know how to recover computer password. The users may contact the experts for fixing the issues being faced by the users. The experts are well qualified and provide detailed solution to fix the issues explained in a lucid language so that the users may implement the same.
Steps to Change Computer Password
If you have installed Windows operating system and needed to know how to change computer password or add a new password for your operating system so that no one can login without your permission, go through following steps to change the windows or add a new password :
#Change Password for Windows 7
- On the desktop of the computer, click on the Start menu.
- Now, select the control panel.
- In the Control Panel, you can see User Accounts and Family Safety.
- In the User accounts, click on Change your Windows Password.
- You will get the following options:
- Change your password.
- Remove your password.
Since, all you need to do is Change the password so click on the “Change your password.”
6.When you click on Change Your Password, the next window gives you the options in which you need to enter “Current Password”, “New Password”, and “Confirm New Password”.
You can also type a password hint.
7.This changes the computer login password for Windows 7.
#Change password for Windows 10:
- Click on the Start button at the bottom left of the screen.
- Click on Settings.
- Under the Settings, you need to select accounts.
- Now, select Sign-in options.
- Under the Password option, click on Change.
- Since you need to change the password for Windows 10, now you need to Sign-in with the current Microsoft account.
- Enter the Password. Click on Sign-in.
- Microsoft sends a code to the phone number that is associated with the account.
- You need to enter the last four digits of the phone number. It verifies that the phone number is the correct one.
- Press Enter.
- Enter the code in the space provided.
- In the next step, you need to enter the old password and create the new password.